I am always searching around trying to find my recipes. Are they on my computer? Online? On a recipe card? Scribbled on a piece of paper? In one of my maaaany cookbooks???? Oh just forget it, we'll order pizza!! This is what I want to avoid:) And this is my solution. Put all my fav's in one spot:) This blog is going to become a collection of all my favorite recipes.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cheesy Potato Soup

Thanks Emily for this recipe:) I am going to make it tomorrow. I am trying to think of what would go well with it...any ideas?

Cheesy Potato Soup

12 potatoes, cubed
2 cups carrots, sliced
2 cups celery, sliced
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
7 cups water
7 chicken bullion cubes
1 Tbsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup butter
1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
2 lbs. Velveeta cheese
2 cups milk
1 cup flour

Simmer potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, and salt in water until tender. Add bullion, mustard, pepper, butter, broccoli, and Velveeta cheese. Simmer until cheese is melted. Add flour to milk, then add to soup. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serves 12-15 people.

EDIT: When I made these the potatoes I used were really big and my soup turned out more like mashed potatoes. My kids wouldn't eat it and Tyler liked it but didn't eat much so I ended up freezing a lot. I thought it kind of had a funny texture after thawing. But overall I think I will make this again when I have a bigger crowd:)

No comments:

Post a Comment