I am always searching around trying to find my recipes. Are they on my computer? Online? On a recipe card? Scribbled on a piece of paper? In one of my maaaany cookbooks???? Oh just forget it, we'll order pizza!! This is what I want to avoid:) And this is my solution. Put all my fav's in one spot:) This blog is going to become a collection of all my favorite recipes.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Applebee's Honey Grilled Salmon

This is another find from Recipe Zaar. We love this one. It has a great complex flavor. We have also made this one at least 10 times.

Ingredients

Honey Pepper Sauce

  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 lemon, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
  • 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets (without skin)

Directions

  1. Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
  2. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy.
  3. Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn't bubble over.
  4. Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat.
  5. Rub each salmon filet with vegetable oil, then add a light sprinkling of salt and pepper.
  6. Grill the salmon for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
  7. Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment